Tuesday, August 21, 2007

The First 10 Days

Our first 10 days with Zoe have gone well. The boys are adjusting to having a little sister around ... luckily Zoe can sleep through all their noise and playing. She has been a GREAT sleeper ... our best so far and hopefully it continues. She seems to be a calm baby since she only cries when she is hungry. She has started waking up more and Pax loves to hold and talk to her when she's awake.

Last night was our first night when everyone woke up. Tyler cried out ... he has been getting all of his canines and was saying "owie!" So I got him some medicine and a drink ... then I heard Pax yell for someone ... Tyler must have woke him up. Bryce went in and Pax went right back to sleep. Bryce came out to switch me for Tyler but he only wanted his mom. I took Ty back into his room and he was nearly back asleep when Pax sat up and asked if he could go sleep by dad for a minute. I said sure since I could hear Zoe stirring and ready to eat. So once Ty was asleep I got Zoe and fed her, put her back in bed and took Pax back to his bed. At least it all went well and we were only up for about an hour. Not too bad ... although I could use a nap today. Zoe 5 days old and helping me with the laundry. She is so small!
Our three kids ... this was the most normal picture I got since the boys were being so goofy with their smiles and Pax is really into being "funny" for the camera ... see the picture below.
The boys tired of smiling for the camera.
Pax just got home from playing with his cousin at McDonalds and is sharing his shake with Tyler. Ty took a nap while he was gone and was missing Pax when he woke up. He is always missing his brother if he goes somewhere ... it will be interesting when preschool starts again, hopefully Ty will enjoy the mommy time he has.

2 comments:

Christy said...

I love the picture of her in the laundry basket. She is beautiful!

Allison said...

Such a cute little girl. I am glad she is a good sleeper for you. That's exactly what you'd hope for from your 3rd!