I had the most wonderful opportunity last Thursday to go to a training with the General Auxillary Leaders. I am in the Young Women and the Stake YW President asked me if I would be able to go to a focus group before the training with Sister Julie Beck, 1st Counselor of the General Young Women Presidency. So we headed there (1 1/2 hour drive) and made it safely both ways despite the snowy and icy roads.
Sister Beck is an amazing woman. She truly cares, worries about and loves the Young Women of the church. I think just being in YW at a ward level is busy sometimes but compared to her life and schedule it is nothing. She makes it seem so easy though ... just love the girls and help them discover who they are. I left so inspired to do my very best at my calling.
Sister Lucy Beutler, General YW Board Member, also spoke to us. She too is very inspiring. Both women talked about their experiences as YW leaders. They know what it is like to serve in a ward, stake, etc. and they understand. They also kept referring to the talk, O Be Wise, from October Conference 2006. It is a wonderful talk by Elder Ballard for all members of the church ... remember to be wise in fulfilling all of our responsibilities and to just do our best. I am so grateful for the opportunity I had to attend this meeting and be spiritually filled.
Sunday, March 04, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment