Wednesday, December 06, 2006

Croup

We have been having a sick couple of weeks. Paxton, Tyler and I have all had a cold. We were all pretty much better besides a little cough so we headed to Salt Lake last weekend to finish our Christmas shopping. We had a fun time. Pax sat with Santa and would have stayed there all night. He doesn't have anything specific that he wants ... just some toys, maybe a few trucks. So hopefully he doesn't come up with something between now and Christmas since we're done shopping.

Sunday night Tyler went to sleep at 8:30 p.m. and woke up at 12:30 a.m. screaming. Totally not like him to be screaming or to have woken up by 12:30 so I went in to get him and he could hardly breathe. I went running with him to our room and woke up Bryce. Ty was struggling to breathe and we wondered if he was having an asthma attack or something. Thank goodness Bryce's parents are living with us for a while and we could just wake them up as well. They thought he had croup and they were right. We called the doctor and he told us what to do and to bring him in first thing in the morning. After he was awake for a while his breathing wasn't so labored and he was able to go back to sleep. What a scary thing!

Turns out that the croup didn't end up being so bad. He's had a little bit of a cough but nothing like it was on Sunday night. The worst thing was that he must have had a stomach virus as well because he spent 24 hours throwing up everything. So thank goodness today he is feeling good ... nearly back to normal, just a little more tired than usual.

I love healthy days!

1 comment:

Chantal said...

YIKES Ash! That sounds so scary! I'm glad it wasn't too serious but that would freak me out! I'm glad everyone is doing much better now. We've had a cold for the past 2 weeks...I hate how winter brings yucky illnesses. I hope you all get feeling better soon and don't get anything else this winter!