Monday, November 27, 2006

Thanksgiving

We had a great Thanksgiving. The weather was predicted to turn cold by the afternoon so Bryce and I finished putting up our Christmas lights outside while Tyler napped and Pax played inside with Grandma. I'm so glad we did because sure enough by the time we headed to Thanksgiving dinner at 1 p.m. it was freezing cold and windy. It hasn't warmed up since.

It was fun to spend time with family. We ate with Grandma Sue's family and had fun catching up with the aunts, uncles, cousins, etc that we don't see so often. Paxton had a blast running around with the big boys who were nice enough to include him in their fun. He loves to play with his cousins (really Bryce's cousins). After dinner we went to play games with Bryce's family. It was a lot of fun ... would have been funner if I wasn't getting sick. Dinner would have tasted better too but that's alright. We spent the rest of our weekend being sick. I have a terrible cold ... I sound worse than I feel. Pax came down with it on Friday and then Tyler got sick on Saturday night. Ty seems the most miserable since he's had a fever and just wants held. He's finally smiling and laughing again today. HOORAY! We're almost all better.

I AM SO THANKFUL for my family. Thankful for Bryce and the example he is to me and the boys. I'm thankful that I know we have an eternal family. I am thankful for our extended family and that we are able to live near them. I'm thankful for all they do for us. I am grateful for the blessings I receive each day. I love that we live in a free country. I am grateful for Thanksgiving and love that at least once a year I spend the entire day remembering things I am thankful for.

No comments: