Thursday, September 07, 2006

Preschool

Today was Paxton's first day of preschool (I will post a picture when I can get it to upload). He was excited to go but also a little nervous ... understandable. When we got there he was so excited to see all the toys (hooray, they have Thomas the Tank Engine), sandbox, paint, stamps, fort, etc. He met his teachers, Miss Debbie and Miss Michelle ... Miss Susie (Hunter's aunt) was there helping today too. He was having fun until he thought I was leaving. Then he just kept asking, "are you going yet?" When I started to leave he began crying and I wanted to too. I knew how he was feeling because I was sad too ... how can my little boy be old enough for preschool already? Anyway, we went outside and talked until he calmed down. When we went back in Miss Susie asked him if he wanted to play with the playdough. I told him to show her how he learned to make monster trucks with it. He hesitated and she asked, "what's your favorite monster truck?" When he didn't answer she said, "is it gravedigger?" What a perfect preschool teacher ... his eyes lit up like she must be cool because she knows the monster truck names. Thanks Miss Susie! He left with her and I knew he'd be alright the rest of the time.

When I returned to pick him up they were sitting in a circle singing. He looked over at me and grinned. He seemed to be saying, "aren't you proud of me? I did it!" After he got his sticker he came running to hug me. Now he was ready to show me all the fun things to do at preschool. We talked about what they had done and he told me some new friends names. I asked him if he had missed me or was he having too much fun. He said, "I missed you but I was also having too much fun." Good answer. I'm so glad he had fun ... it will be a fun thing for him.

No comments: