Sunday, July 16, 2006

Surprises and Old Treasures

Lately Paxton has been having fun with surprises. He is always asking us to close our eyes while he hides something behind his back and then says, "I have a surprise for you!" When you open your eyes he screams with delight and is so excited to show you what it is. Often times its a toy of his or a treat. It makes things giving each other things fun.

We also just tackled cleaning and organizing his room this weekend ... it had gotten way out of control. It was a hard project because I also was throwing out toys he doesn't play with (McDonalds toys he'd forgetten about, etc.) or that were broken but he doesn't want to throw anthing away so I had to toss things while he was outside playing with Bryce. Anyway, the fun part of the project was that he kept finding toys he had forgotten about and would surprise me with them or come running to me so excited yelling, "I found it! I found it!" After cleaning his room I have decided he doesn't need any more toys. At least I know he appreciates it too since he keeps saying, "thanks! It looks great!" (probably just because he heard Bryce saying that) and right after I showed him he started playing, looked at me and said, "I'll just get one toy out!" Too cute ... I certainly don't expect him to just get one out but its nice to know he appreciates having a clean room too!

We also surprised Pax by taking him to the Stock Car Races last night. He loves all cars, trucks and things that move. He LOVED the races and especially when someone would break down and the tow trucks would have to come out. We didn't stay the whole time since it was windy, dusty and Bryce, Tyler and I were tired of watching ... Pax wasn't but he didn't know they weren't over yet. It was fun while we were there. I love to see him so excited!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Here are some links that I believe will be interested

Anonymous said...

Hey what a great site keep up the work its excellent.
»

Anonymous said...

Very best site. Keep working. Will return in the near future.
»