Tuesday, July 11, 2006

Nicknames

Its funny how nicknames come about. I was remembering that when Paxton was born we didn't think we would call him Pax. We just weren't sure we liked it. It was his cousin Hunter, then 3 years old, who first called him Pax. They were just playing and he said, "come on Pax" and it stuck. Now we all call him Pax and I love it.

So now with Tyler, once again we weren't sure we liked the nickname Ty and thought we would just call him Tyler. At first when Tyler was born if someone said "is his name Ty?" Paxton would say, "No. Its Tyler." But now, it is Paxton who is always calling his little brother Ty ... and it has grown on me. Of course he also has other nicknames like ... Tyler Wyler too.

Its also interesting when people feel comfortable enough to call someone by a nickname. There's no set time and its different for everyone ... just a thought.

3 comments:

laura said...

Nicknames are interesting. Since having Abigail, I've noticed that her name has limitless nickname possibilities. Abby, Abbers, Gail (not one we use), Abs, etc.

But Connor's name is pretty nickname-proof. Con isn't good. So you have to be more creative. But I'm pretty sure strangers just wouldn't assume any of the nicknames we have for him. Like Mr. C and Con Man. But We really don't use those very often. He's just Connor.

(maybe I'll copy you and post about this on my blog.)

Chantal said...

That's true Ash. :)

I love how close your boys are even at such a young age. They look so different. But they are both so adorable. Wish we were closer!

Anonymous said...

I like it! Good job. Go on.
»