Thursday, September 04, 2008

Paxton's Kindergarten Day

So here's what my little guy told me about his first day:


*His favorite part was his 3 recesses! He made it 1/2 way across the monkey bars before he had to drop. He got to play with Lilly (1st grader and friend from church) and the other kids in his class.

*He loved knowing some of the older kids ... Troy (3rd grade) & Camden (4th grade) really seemed to have made his day that they said hi to him.

*He saw Aunt Esther (Bryce's aunt) at lunch and recess and gave her a hug ... she called tonight and said he was the most handsome and well behaved Kindergartener. His teacher told him he was doing really well today ... what a relief!

*Gym was boring because all they did was sit in a line and then run to touch a wall ... I would agree that doesn't sound so fun.

*He loved storytime, coloring ... though they didn't get to do it long enough, and that he got to pass the long lunch line and just sit down with his cold lunch.

*He got very thirsty in the day and drank his entire water I sent with him for snack time. He also didn't get to eat the snack I sent with him which was disappointing to him because they had cookies instead ... most kids would be delights but he is not a cookie fan.

*He is excited to go to school tomorrow but wishes he was just going to Mrs. K's class and not starting in a different class ... soon enough.

*He says he is riding the bus tomorrow! So I'll let him ride it home. What a big and independent kid.

3 comments:

Ciera said...

Glad he loved it! When I dropped Ashelynn off today she didn't want to give me a hug and said, "mom just let me go!"

Christine Peterson said...

Wow, Paxton gave you a lot of detail. I only get the bare minimum from A.J. I am glad he had fun. Thank you again for taking my boys to the park last Monday. It helped me out a lot. Your the best

Allison said...

That's cute! I can't believe all these Richmond babies are getting so big!!!