Friday, May 25, 2007

Preschool Picnic

Yesterday was Paxton's last day of preschool. They had a fun picnic at the park. The kids played at the playground, had lunch and played games. I had signed up to help with the picnic and am glad I got to see him having so much fun.

Paxton eating with his friends ... Violet, Damien, Sydney, Paxton and Madsen.


The parachute was his absolute favorite part of the day. He loved shaking it and then they put bean bags on the parachute and tried to bounce them off. He's standing by Bradley and Madsen. They also took turns climbing underneath and having the parachute waved on top of them. He loved the last time when the moms held the parachute and all the kids got underneath. They also had races. Paxton didn't like the potatoe sack race ... maybe because the sack was bigger than him and he kept jumping out of it. He did have fun with the regular races when they just ran to Miss Debbie.

He had a best friend Grant that he LOVED to play with at school. He always talked about what they had done that day and when they had to have a partner he always chose Grant. A couple of weeks ago I was talking to his mom and wanted to get their phone number so the boys could play this summer ... they were moving and already have. I don't have the heart to tell Pax that Grant lives in Oregon now. He has been sad that Grant wasn't at school the last few weeks but has had fun playing with his other friends.

He has learned so much and grown up so much since he started school last fall. He knows all his letters, their sounds and can sound out and write small words. He learned that he can have fun being away from his mom and that I love to know all about what he was doing while we weren't together. He learned to play well with his friends, to share and to work out their disagreements ... of course those are all things we work on each day. I can't believe my Pax is 4 already and growing up so much ... too fast for me.

1 comment:

Christy said...

Isn't it so hard to watch them grow up? I keep thinking every day growing up is more and more fun, but it makes me so sad at how fast it goes. Congrats on your year of preschool, Paxton.