Wednesday, April 04, 2007

The Return of Winter

Last week winter returned. We had 2 days of continuous snow. I am glad spring is back and we were able to go to the park yesterday but Pax was very excited to play in the snow again. We had to wait until Tyler was sleeping since it was FREEZING outside and the snow was coming down pretty hard. Pax didn't want to play by himself so I bundled up too.
He wanted to make snow ducks and he even added wings to them. Since I didn't want to wake Tyler up and go in their room to get Paxton's gloves neither of us had gloves on and our hands were SO cold. So we took a break and came in for a minute. Of course it didn't take Pax long to warm up and we headed back out.
He wanted to make more snow ducks but we decided instead to just make a snowman. We had fun looking for things to be their eyes, noses, etc. I offered him some hot chocolate to warm up and he headed right in ... he must have been as cold as I was. Just a few hours later we couldn't even see the snowman's hat. I'm sure we'll get snow at least one more time before it is warm for the spring.

1 comment:

Chantal said...

Wow! What a change in weather! We are completely done with winter in Virginia and I'm so glad!!