Thursday, July 27, 2006

Sick, Sick Paxton

Last Friday Paxton woke up with a fever, throat hurting and headache. We gave him some Tylenol and thought he'd start feeling better but he just got worse. We took him to the doctor that afternoon, thinking they would just say its a virus and send us home but he had strep. He's never had it before and it was a bad one. Either Bryce or I or both of us spent Friday and Saturday basically holding Pax or rubbing his head and body since they hurt. I am just so glad that Bryce had Friday off (even though it didn't make days off fun). I could have made it on my own if he would have needed to work but I was sure glad I didn't have too!

Pax ended up with the sores from his throat spreading throughout his mouth on his cheeks and inside of his lips. He couldn't eat anything but water (he doesn't even like water) for two days. This is a terrible sickness for a kid who LOVES to eat! He kept thinking of things he wanted to try and eat but would take a bite and grab he cheeks since it stung. He had to chase everything with a drink of water. Finally, on Sunday night he was able to eat a melted cheese sandwich and drink Sprite. After he looked at me so excited and said, "That's two things!" He must have been so excited and his stomach too since it had been growling ever since he couldn't eat.

Unfortunately, this past weekend we had a few fun things planned and Pax was bummed to be missing out on them. Friday was the Primary Activity that included a bike parade. We had been talking about it all week and Pax was so excited to go. When he woke up on Friday sick he asked if he would still be able to go ... he had been calling it his special day. By the time the activity rolled around he couldn't even get off the couch. Then on Saturday the YM and YW had an activity out at the lake. Bryce had to be there but we were just going to go along ... we stayed inside instead. We'll have to go out another time.

It wasn't until Tuesday that Pax was himself ... running, playing and eating EVERYTHING in site. It is such a relief to have our Paxton back.

I'm also so grateful for Priesthood blessings. Its so wonderful to know that our home is blessed with a worthy Priesthood holder. It is a great comfort in times of need.

4 comments:

Chantal said...

Isn't it so sad when they get sick? It always breaks my heart. It's also really hard when you get sick too. It's hard being a sick mommy. I'm glad no one else came down with it!

laura said...

I'm so sorry about Paxton getting sick. Usually with strep they get better so fast once the antibiotics kick in. Connor got sick last Wednesday and I was kind of hoping it was strep so we could kill it and move on. But his was a bad virus. He had a fever and felt yucky for five days. I did not like staying home for five days straight with Alan out of town!

I'm glad Paxton's feeling better and that Tyler didn't get sick!

Anonymous said...

Interesting website with a lot of resources and detailed explanations.
»

Anonymous said...

Interesting site. Useful information. Bookmarked.
»